Event organizing can get really hectic but managing a good event make your attendees happy. But there are some things that you should know before organizing an event. This is a huge responsibility, the organizer of the company needs to take care of multiple matters that can make or destroy the event. To organize the event in an incredible way there are certain matters you need to take care of. A planner has to manage everything with creativeness and present a flawless event.
Before even organizing an event, the first step is to create a vision of your event. It is the basic step. But how to create a vision of your event? That is a question we can answer. Ask yourself these questions.
• What is the goal of your event?
Is your goal to raise money or launch a product or branding your business or promoting someone else’s brand? Answer to this question will create your vision.
• How much of crowd do you want to engage?
If the event you are organizing is the annual thing, then your target should be the increased year-over-year growth. But the crowd target changes if it’s the first time you are organizing an event. Attracting a large number of audience at your first event requires more hard work and efforts.
• How much revenue you are expecting?
This is kind of same as recent question. Your goals ought to be revenue growth over the years. The answer to this question will help to create your budget and what you need to do to earn back the expenses.
Next thing you will do after constructing a vision is to put your team together. Your vision can only be turned into an event if you have a proper team for every task. Though assembling an event team isn’t just asking a few people to hang lights and invite some people. The team of an event should be bigger and smart enough to handle all the duties of the event. If you are the one directing the whole event, you are supposed to hire different people with specific skills to play multiple roles at your event. The chart below will explain the average event team roles.
No money, no event. There is no event in the world that doesn’t require money. Whatever strategy you have or whatsoever vision you have in mind, you need to set up a budget. Either you are establishing a business event or setting an event for client satisfaction, you can only be able to set the budget right when you know what things you want in your event and what your attendees will look for. Here the few main things that must include in your budget:
• The main component of the budget should be venue expenses, which contains room rents, security deposit, and parking expenses.
• The expenses for A/V tools must be included in the budget. The main A/V tools are projectors, Wi-Fi connections, speakers, microphones, cameras, and many more things.
• The catering expenses are must too. Bartenders, waiters, food, drinks, table setting, and other staff fees are an important part of the budget.
• The marketing whether social media marketing, print marketing, design marketing, registration management cannot be ignored in the budget establishing.
• Keep a fair amount aside in the budget for the entertainment purpose of attendees like musicians/DJ, speaker fees, housing, transportation costs or other fun activities.
• The miscellaneous expense must be included your event budget which contains the extra cost for venue décor, seating, and for other additional fees and taxes.
Done with the budget building? Now comes hunting! Venue hunting. Start brainstorming. Prepare the list of the possibilities that match your event vision.
Following are the few things you can start your brainstorming with.
• What kind of parking style will it be?
• Do you need to buy your own A/V tools or will the venue take care of that?
• Will the venue have good enough cell reception or shall the Wi-Fi connection be must?
• What should be the size of the floor?
• What are the policies of deposit, cancellation or refund?
After this, you will need corporate sponsors and partners to increase your approach. Sponsoring the event cuts the cost, give better exposure to your event, increase stability and also raise the chances of your success. Make sure to follow up these tips before sponsoring:
• You must know about the marketing tactics of your sponsor. Are they searching for a chance to enhance their brand image or want exclusiveness advertising? You should know all about the sponsors so you don’t get in any mess later at the event.
• You need to know the real decision maker so you don’t end up repeating things later to the real decision maker and due to which things can lack in your event.
• Strike while the iron is hot, which means to know what time right is to ask the sponsors for sponsorship. Because some sponsors once a year provide a little benefit in the sponsorship.
Budget check. Goals set. Team assembled. Now time for little amusing stuff:
• Event name?
• Event theme?
• Your logo?
• Overall event color scheme?
These are handled by the promotion coordinator with the help of other team members like graphic designers. Most of the event branding can easily be done online under specific people. Your graphic designer must know about the tools like Canva, Piktochart, and Pixlr for graphic designing.
All set up till now. The next thing you have to do is marketing campaigning to attract prospective attendees. The different age grouped audience in your event promotes your event in their specific age group.
Older ways like calling your registered attendees to promote the event and mailing them have no longer effective. Because people do not have time to listen to promotion calls or mail their responses. Be advanced and promote your event on social media. A study has shown that people all over the world use their cellphone 16 hours of the day and spend half that time over social media. Use apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms to market your event.
Things you must do before the event includes:
• Calling your participating merchants to check on tools, catering and other stuff.
• Make sure to call and check in with the venue owner and remind them about the date and everything.
• Double check all of your equipment.
• For guest-in, set ticketing system.
After reading this event guide, the last step you need to do is get IT devices and event solutions on rent for events.